I recently got rid of the blaster worm with the download from Microsoft.com.

Now the worm has gone. Everytime I try to open the internet I get "This page cannot be displayed" Message even though my connection to the internet is running.

The two computers are in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and are both lighting up every so often so my connection must be fine...but the computer is not letting me open any web pages.

Can someone please give me some advice on what to do.

Regards,

LLDJ

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

right click on the icon and check status

I have problem in Internet explorer, I instal cable modem few month ago since three days my explorer is not working.I check his setting with cable LAN shoul be Automatic and same as other setting, and connections i fix (Never dial) and in TCP/IP i did not give any address,its blank.

I try to make some changes, i chang workgroup and give IP address but nothing happend please kindly help me to sort out problem and his solution.

I will be very greatful to you.

Thanx

Hanif

Now the worm has gone. Everytime I try to open the internet I get "This page cannot be displayed" Message even though my connection to the internet is running.

The two computers are in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and are both lighting up every so often so my connection must be fine...but the computer is not letting me open any web pages.

Regards,

LLDJ

what OS r u using?
how r u connected to the internet (DU, DSL, CBLMDM/LAN)?
what browser/ver?

.......I had run the program to check for the blaster worm on my pc and my internet and mail programs wouldnt work again until i took the software to check for the worm off of my pc......might be helpful, might not,

I have exactly the same problem. Yesterday I found a worm on my PC, the one that makes the taskbar and start menu and everything else disappear from my desktop. Apparently it is called Trojan.ByteVerify , according to my Norton Antivirus Software.

Well, I thought I had removed it by following the instructions on Symantec's website, and it worked fine for a while ( a few hourse) and then........

...then funny things started happening. Here are three very strange symptoms that I have noticed:

1. Every time Windows is started (or restarted), the folder C:\Windows\system32 opens

2. Everything, and I mean every single action (opening folders, clicking buttons) is very VERY slow

3. Internet Explorer has stopped working altogether (shows page not found) even though my internet is connected fine. (I know coz I am writing this post from my PC using Netscape Navigator).

Here is my info:
Win XP, Pentium 4, 512 RAM, Internet Explorer 6, internet connected via ADSL, ethernet modem

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Ania

Oh yeah ! DID I mention PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I have exactly the same problem. Yesterday I found a worm on my PC, the one that makes the taskbar and start menu and everything else disappear from my desktop. Apparently it is called Trojan.ByteVerify , according to my Norton Antivirus Software.

Well, I thought I had removed it by following the instructions on Symantec's website, and it worked fine for a while ( a few hourse) and then........

...then funny things started happening. Here are three very strange symptoms that I have noticed:

1. Every time Windows is started (or restarted), the folder C:\Windows\system32 opens

2. Everything, and I mean every single action (opening folders, clicking buttons) is very VERY slow

3. Internet Explorer has stopped working altogether (shows page not found) even though my internet is connected fine. (I know coz I am writing this post from my PC using Netscape Navigator).

Here is my info:
Win XP, Pentium 4, 512 RAM, Internet Explorer 6, internet connected via ADSL, ethernet modem

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Ania

Hi so you went to the symantec site:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.byteverify.html

and followed what it said. Just to make sure, you did boot into safe mode to remove the trojan. If you did, reboot back into safe mode and rescan your system again. Are your windows service packs up to date as well?

Newman

Getting back to the initial inquiry... I was troubleshooting my friend's computer for Internet Explorer. IE was swearing that it could not open any websites, while I-Tunes was connecting just fine to the internet and downloading information.

I checked the settings for Internet Explorer, and everything seemed to be set up correctly. What can I do to get Internet Explorer to work?

when i ckick explorer its open and after 5 second its closed.they are not working

what can i do
my internet Explorar not working proper

My Internet Explorer 8.0 is not working and it cannot be uninstalled in an ASUS computer. I am currently using Mozilla Firefox...Any Ideas?
Juan

My recommendations are to shut it down and never click on it again ever. Then you should download Google Chrome! Its the most amazing/best browser on the market. Fast, integrated with Google and friendly to use.

How do you download a new browser when IE (the only browser on the machine) closes after a few secs? There's an invalid URL on the URL line, and I can't delete it. Not my PC,and the Trend Micro Subscription has expired. Pretty sure theres a worm or virus on there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.