I recently noticed problems occuring in my software and during regular use of the computer.

Examples : say your online reading on the screen, a certain few words will blink occasionally or clicks or pops audibly. It happens every few seconds.
I finally hit ctrl, alt, del and went to performance. The cpu useage goes from 0% to 62% to 8% to 32% to 2% etc., etc. These "fluctuations" happen every 2-4 seconds causing my computer to basically bog down. I have tried several things to see what is causing these constant stabs at my cpu power with no avail

I NEED HELP!!
all my stuff is less that a year old:

amd2800 xp processor
asus m-board
radeon 7200 graphics
M-audio delta 66 sound card

Thanks, anton

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Have you run any programs to check for spyware or viruses? Those two are the most common causes of unknown CPU usage spikes...

I recently noticed problems occuring in my software and during regular use of the computer.

Examples : say your online reading on the screen, a certain few words will blink occasionally or clicks or pops audibly. It happens every few seconds.
I finally hit ctrl, alt, del and went to performance. The cpu useage goes from 0% to 62% to 8% to 32% to 2% etc., etc. These "fluctuations" happen every 2-4 seconds causing my computer to basically bog down. I have tried several things to see what is causing these constant stabs at my cpu power with no avail

I NEED HELP!!
all my stuff is less that a year old:

amd2800 xp processor
asus m-board
radeon 7200 graphics
M-audio delta 66 sound card

Thanks, anton

heyy
i have the exact same problem ,,,,,,if u got the solution could u help me out,,,it keeps going up & down every second

You guys should check for viruses and spyware,youll be relieved to find that its the cause.try trend works good

i have checked there is no virus or spyware ,,,& its still doing that

what anti virus,spamware softies have you ran ??

it's a new proc speciality . there are faulty processors out there - they tend to show this load fluctuation problem - others don't - it's not spyware , virus , worm as it happens on fresh intalls and under linux too .

Hi,
You have answered a thread from Jun 26th, 2008, I doubt the poster still has the same problems and he/she may not even have the same PC or OS. Good to see you want to help people with their problems, look for newly posted threads where you have information that can help the poster and assist there. Keep up the good work!

thanks for the suggestion - I just answered it here because this was the first page google gave at the search term : processor load fluctuation

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.