When I open either word or outlook 2003 I get the following: The add-in template is not valid (C:\...\Startup\~$bRun97.doc)
Micrsoft help directed me to Templates and add-ins, however they indicated if this area could not remove the file then it was located in the Startup file. I've been unable to locate the file, any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Judging from the ~ in it's name, I'd guess that file is an "orphaned" temp file. It should be in the startup folder specified in Word's "File Locations" preferences, but it may be hidden, so you should set Windows Explorer's View options to show all files in order to see (and delete it).

Thanks I found the Word File Locations and the Startup file but it must be hidden but I don't see a place where I can change it to be view able.

Open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), go to the Tools menu, and select Folder Options. In the resulting window, click on the View tab and under Advanced Settings, check the "show hidden files and folder" option.

You should then be able to navigate to the Word startup folder and view the contents. If that doesn't work, repost here.

Open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), go to the Tools menu, and select Folder Options. In the resulting window, click on the View tab and under Advanced Settings, check the "show hidden files and folder" option.

You should then be able to navigate to the Word startup folder and view the contents. If that doesn't work, repost here.

where do i find microsoft word start up????

i tried going on tools>template and adds-in....but unfortunately it didnt work..

some1 help me plz

where do i find microsoft word start up????

i tried going on tools>template and adds-in....but unfortunately it didnt work..

some1 help me plz

Go to tools --> options --> file locations and look at "startup".

Enjoy.

Moopy
http://www.canaseed.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.