Hi,
I can't run .exe files, and I was wondering if there was any way in which to run files/programs by using another file extension that windows will recognise?
.exe files are blocked by the system admin, and so I cannot run anything!
Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,
I can't run .exe files, and I was wondering if there was any way in which to run files/programs by using another file extension that windows will recognise?
.exe files are blocked by the system admin, and so I cannot run anything!
Thanks,

if you are not the system admin ,then get permision from him/her ,if you are the systrm admin and you can't run .exe's them your computer may be infected with a virus/spyware or trojan ,download and run ad-aware ,spybot search and destroy and scan computer /

Hi,
Well, what I mean is that can I run files using a different file extesnion, as I cannot ask the system admin to let me run them, as they only allow admins to do that, so is there any way I can run programs using a different file extension?

Thanks

no u cant and this is the reason y they done allow employees to run file, on a computer. if u are tyring to do this think carefully about your job, do u love u want to keep it. just use the company pc for company work?? just so u know any time u try to do some thing on the pc that restricted by admin, the admin get a notification. u can be fired for this, whatever u need to do do it on your own pc

Hi,
Well, actually im at school, and well all i wanted to do was to see if it was possible to run programs, I actually had no programs in mind. Apart from maybe DOS box (a DOS emulator) so I can play asteroids, as I cant find it online, and people can play games on the computers at lunch, unless that particular website is banned, but the admins let us play them.

Thanks....

straight up there is no way to run an exe file without the admin permission, renaming it will not help

Hi,
So .exe is the noly way you can run files, i dont just mean changing the name, but I was also asking if there were any other file formats that run program, such as both .mp3 and.wma play music.......

Thanks

there are many files that can be executed without having the exe extentions. but those file are associted by default to different program. for eg html is associated to web browsers, doc is associated word processors. changing the extension does not do any good for the file, that will not change the program coes in that file. for eg if u change a mp3 to exe thet file would not play. if the admin allow you to run certain file then surely u can play, run those files but thats about it. the thing about exe files when u run them they try to access system area on the pc, registry, windows\system and system32 directories, and that what the admin have lock down. but ttake a file like google protable can be installed because it does not depend on system area to run

There are two problems here:

1. If you could find a way to do that, someone with malicious intent could destroy the school's files.

2. Game-playing is usually prohibited on all academic systems, as it is a waste of computing resources and taxpayer dollars.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.