I use Outlook 2002. Today, I had some problems with Windows explorer, and I rebooted the computer (turned off using the button). When I turned the computer back on, it did a file check. Then, I opened Outlook, and I got the message "unable to open your default email folders. The file C:\ .... \Outlook\Outlook1 is not a personal folders file."

Can you tell me where my emails and address book went?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

accordint to this its pointing to the wrong directory, do a search for the pst file then copy it back to the outlook directory, you can find the correct directory by going to control panel>mail and look at the default mail directory

I use Outlook 2002. Today, I had some problems with Windows explorer, and I rebooted the computer (turned off using the button). When I turned the computer back on, it did a file check. Then, I opened Outlook, and I got the message "unable to open your default email folders. The file C:\ .... \Outlook\Outlook1 is not a personal folders file."

Can you tell me where my emails and address book went?

Thanks.

After some investigation, It would seem that somehow the outlook.pst content was "erased."
So, now the question is how to find these orphaned emails and my address book. I know the data is still on my hard drive, but no pointer to it. Is there a program (opensource or trial version) that can find these files?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.