recently i've downloaded a software named "MPlayer-dev-SVN-latest" frm a site......and i dont knw whether it was an approved site or not.....but when it completed downloading there was no option for RUN ....so it asked me for 2 options ...like using appropriate web service/select program frm a list. can anyone help me.... what kind of a format the software is asking for...???
thanx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

We don't know as we can't see the screen you were offered.

My advice to you is to have nothing to do with it and keep your system safe. If you don't get standard options don't expect proper behaviour.

recently i've downloaded a software named "MPlayer-dev-SVN-latest" frm a site......and i dont knw whether it was an approved site or not.....but when it completed downloading there was no option for RUN ....so it asked me for 2 options ...like using appropriate web service/select program frm a list. can anyone help me.... what kind of a format the software is asking for...???
thanx

no to pick on you but "a software "makes no sense to me ,what software were you looking for when you downloaded "MPlayer-dev-SVN-latest" the message you are getting is a familiar one ,it means you have no program on you computer associated to the file type you downloaded ,so not program defaulted to open the file type !.
was this is suppose to be a media file like a mp3 .,it could be virus so i would actually delete and go look again for the software you were looking for .

a search of the file i find reference to MACintosh OS ,its possibly why you cant open it ,it may be a MAC file

It also looks to be an SVN package, and as such may not be complete. It could be a delta batch and not a full release of whatever it's supposed to be. Sites such as SourceForge often have SVN repositories available for folks who want to compile their own versions of apps.

Just a thought.

It also looks to be an SVN package, and as such may not be complete. It could be a delta batch and not a full release of whatever it's supposed to be. Sites such as SourceForge often have SVN repositories available for folks who want to compile their own versions of apps.

Just a thought.

Actually quite a good suggestion.

Maddy007, can we have a screenshot or are you sorted out now?

If uyou're not sorted, what were you expecting to do with the download? Run it or compile it for execution?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.