greeting..

i have notebook compaq 510
yesterday i using windows 7 so the system reserved is created

then today i decide to change back to windows xp sp3(for some reason i have to do this)
but my windows installed as H: not C:
then i can't install graphic drive(require 47MB) because this drive have default installation path to C: where my c: is system reserved and just have 100MB (64 MB used)

so i decide to delete the system reserved partition, because i think if i delete it my windows drive (currently at h: ) can change automaticly to c:

but after i delete it, my system can't load my windows xp from hdd

do i have wipe all data for my HDD and rebuild the partition or any sugestion to solved this?

i just want to remove this system reserved partition, and my windows drive back to C:

i hope someone can help me :D

*sorry my english bad

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you have the original XP installation disc, then just have it install over the Win7 partitions, taking over the disc. If necessary, you can easily do that with a live Linux CD and uting the dd command: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
That will erase the entire disc, including partition table and boot loaders. Then XP will be able to take over the entire disc.

thank you rubberman for the reply
i installed XP over Win7 partition, but i format it before i install XP (does it take effect?)

but i never try dd command in with Live Linux CD..
i'll try it latter

thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.