jcastyo 0 Newbie Poster

hello all,

I am going to network a house that I am having built. The cable will start from the distribution box, which is pretty close to being in the center of the house, and will run to each of the rooms. I will probably have about 7 connections right now and possibly add a few more in the future. Now, what I have read on my own is that shielded cable will protect the signal from EMI. If I don't use sheilded cable and the network cable runs over, below, or anywhere around a electric wire, would that cause any interference in the signal?
I wish I could route the net cable in a way that I would not come close to an electric cable, but there will be some locations where they do cross.

I have already bought UTP CAT 6 cable, but don't want to use it if I will have problems with signal interference. Any help would be appreciated.

One last thing, the network jacks with be shared with the phone and coax in a 4 port wall plate. Is there any problem there?

Thanks,
JC

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.