apinunt 0 Newbie Poster

I'm trying to solve several problems simultaneously which I appear incapable of doing without some expert help.

I have working a 2 way satellite fixed IP address internet connection, which I have connected to a Linksys WRT54GSv4 router with Tomato firmware installed. I have 3 computers which access the router using assigned addresses, 192.168.1.100,110,&120. The setup page of the WRT is accessed at 192.168.1.1 and the only way I could make everything work was to put the satellite boxes IP address, gateway address, and DNS server addresses in the WRT's WAN settings.

I recently was able to obtain an ADSL connection which has a dynamic IP address (WAN), and I have entered one of the computers static IP address in the modem/routers setup page disabling DHCP. The ADSL modem is an Aztech 605EU, and it's setup page is accessed at 192.168.1.1 as is my WRT.

I am trying to set everything up where I could leave the computers connected to the WRT and depending on service just swap the cable coming from either the satellite modem or the adsl modem going into the WRT without any setup changes being necessary in the WRT.

Currently I have one of my computers connected to the ADSL and the others still using the WRT and satellite connection.

I have tried to change the setup page access address in the Aztech to 192.168.0.1 which is what is used to access the setup page of the satellite modem, as only one of them would be in use at a time, and that would allow me to access the WRT at 192.168.1.1 and then depending on which service was connected I would be able to access the setup page of the satellite or the ADSL modem.

Is anyone familiar with each of the pieces of equipment I am working with and able to give precise instructions as to how I could accomplish what I need? I have very little knowledge in this area and although have been reading all I can I am not understanding what is going on.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.