We have one computer with 2 NICs. The first NIC connects to a DSL modem. Second NIC to a wireless router, (used to connect to card readers). Each has a different IP address, on different subnets. When the wireless router is on, it blocks internet access, from the DSL line.
As soon as we turn off the router, internet access comes back on.
So the browser must be looking to the router by default for internet access. We would like it to look first at the DSL modem. Wondering if anyone has had success configuring internet access with 2 NICs?

Unless you are trying to insulate the rest of your network from the internet, you could just run the net into the router and get your internet through it.

If that isn't an option for whatever reason, double check that your router isn't sending itself as the default gateway in its DHCP duties. Also, make sure your DSL is the default gateway on its NIC.

We have one computer with 2 NICs. The first NIC connects to a DSL modem. Second NIC to a wireless router, (used to connect to card readers). Each has a different IP address, on different subnets. When the wireless router is on, it blocks internet access, from the DSL line.
As soon as we turn off the router, internet access comes back on.
So the browser must be looking to the router by default for internet access. We would like it to look first at the DSL modem. Wondering if anyone has had success configuring internet access with 2 NICs?

hello everyone....

i am having similar problem with my network.... pls see and help if it can be solved.....

Hello DMR,

I am having a problem.....

First, I have a lan with 32 port switch (Dlink). 5 system have two nics : one wired (rtl8139), other wireless netgear wg311v3.

Secondly i have two internet broadband connections, both with adsl modem with inbuilt wireless accesspoint along with four ethernet ports in each modem.

i have connected both adsl modem to my 32port switch.

Generally i am able to use whatever internet connection and file/printer sharing at any of the pc's in my lan.

I want to use both internet connection at those two nic pc's along with file and printer sharing.

The First problem is , when i use any of the pc with 2nic's enabled and connected (i.e wired nic with switch and wireless nic with wireless accesspoint of any one modem), the lan is not accessible at any of the pc in the lan. How do i get it to work.

Secondly, how can i use both internet connection at a single pc along with file and printer sharing, with internet connection working simultaneously to speed up any downloads/uploads etc.

my name is ajay sharma

daniweb id: ajayvats

email id: vatsonline@gmail.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.