Hey there all you good folks at DaniWeb !!!!!!!
Please hang in there with me because I don't know all the correct terminology for this stuff but I will try my best to explain my problem.
I have a 5mbps Ethernet cable that comes in my house. I have that plugged into a hub, so I can use my computer and also work on other computers. The hub has places to run 5 computers at once.
Usualy I can connect a computer with an ethernet cable, hit "REPAIR" and the computer automatically changes the computer that I'm working on to connect to the internet.
Right now I have a HP Pavilion a 1250n. For some reason, it has 2 different places to be able to hook a Ethernet cable. I have plugged my Ethernet cable into both places, at different times, hit repair and yet this computer will not connect to the internet. I get the mesaage.....Windows could not finish repairing the p[roblem because the following action cannot be completed:
Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.

I'm trying to get this computer hooked up to the internet so I can update my AVG Antivirus, Spybot Search and Destroy, etc...
I'm pretty lost when it comes to LAN and related subjects.
Any help will be greatly appreciated !!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Tumbleweedracef

The hub isn't assigning an IP to the computer, try unplugging the hub, plugging it back in after thirty seconds and trying it on the computer again.

WOW.....that was an easy fix ! You hit it right ! I fought with this thing for 2 days and you had a solution that worked in such a short time !
Thank you very much ! I hope to help others one day as you have helped me !!!!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.