Hello! I will like to know the requirements for setting up an internet service provider (ISP) and also, how to set up an ISP. I will like to know the program one must pursue in order to know how to set up an ISP.

slowdanser commented: am interested in this topic.I have been searching to be an ISP BUT CANT GET ANY ONE TO HELP ME +0

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Wrong forum Seinu, try Webmaster's Marketplace under IT Water Cooler. It's under Forums in the grey tabsat the top of the page.

zeroth

Depends on where you are. You can resell for another ISP (at least in the US) where all you have to do is set up the sales and provide technical support, the wholesale ISP will maintain the lines for you. Contact the company that ownes the local DSL lines or do a google search for dial-up wholesalers.

If you're someplace more rural and talking about setting up your own infrastructure, most people do high power wireless transmitters with high quality directional antennas. You can look into building your own wireless ISP on google.

I don't know what infrastructure is like in ghana, but if you're looking at a small scale hard-wired network you need a switch, router, or amplifier every 300' (preferably 250') to repeat the signal. This could be done in a community that's dense and not particularly developed, but it would be a pain in the !@#$.

If you can be a little more clear about what you want to do I'd be happy to brain-storm with you, but I need more info.

Hello! I will like to know the requirements for setting up an internet service provider (ISP) and also, how to set up an ISP. I will like to know the program one must pursue in order to know how to set up an ISP.

wicTEK Broadband offers the industry's superior system for starting your own wireless internet service provider or make your existing WISP wicTEK Broadband powered to reduce your cost. The wicTEK Broadband WiFi solution handles customer billing, hotspot sign in/sign up, security, and device MAC authentication. The wicTEK WISP/Hotspot solution is scalable, create HotSpot's at public places like restaurants or make your entire city a HotZone(WISP Partner KIt). wicTEK Broadband covers the cost of the underlying internet connection[hotspot kit only] (DSL, T1, Fiber) and provides the billing platform allowingpartners to offer their subscribers paid access to the wireless internet.

go here for more information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.