Hi,

I hope I have posted this in the correct place, here goes....

I used to work as a designer for a web company (company A) who ceased to exist about a year or so ago. One of their old clients (company B) recently contacted me to say they were having a problem with a domain which has expired.

The domain was not transferred over to the client before the company A stopped trading. The administrator/owner is still company A. There are no records available for me to get on the internet to either transfer the domain or update the payment details.

Can anyone suggest how I can go about getting this domain up and running please? So far I have contacted enom.com, but there suggestions have been less than useful.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Wait for it to be expired and deleted , grab it using snapnames may be.

Thank you for your reply. What is snapnames and how long do you reckon it will take for the domain to become available again?

Depends on when it was registered and for how long. Typically, domain names are registered for a year. You can go to who.is, reverse the domain name, and it'll tell you when it was registered and through who. You might be able to contact the company that actually registered it (godaddy, 1and1, etc) and they may be able to help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.