Hi, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help resolve my issue.

I have a zyxtel router which came free from my ISP. Fiddling around in the interface I set level 3 security, this blocks all pings and traceroute requests, however I didn't assume it'd block me from accesing the router via telnet or web based interface. Whenever i try to connect to the default gateway I get the error message "Cannot connect to xxx.xx.x.xx on port 23" using another port doesn't help either. I tried looking for a reset switch to restore factory configuration defaults, buit there isn't one, and i even tried opening up the router and there is a jumper there which I joined, but to no avail. I can't do anything without being able to access the interface. Somebody please help :confused:

Thanks in advance,

~ gazaa

Did you perhaps mean ZyXEL instead of zyxtel? If so, is it a cable router or a DSL router and if you have the model number, that would help (maybe).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.