hi
i have two pc connected on lan . configuration of both pc are p3 ,512MB ram, windows 2000 OS. on pc having printer connected HP Laserjet 6L pro & shared over the network . My problem is whenever i give prints to the shared printer it takes 1 minute to accept second page to print likewise for all pages. Means if i am giving 5 pages to print it takes 6-7 minutes to print all the documents. where as if i give same prints from the pc where the printer is connected it prints immediately. What could be the problem & solution??

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

use nbtstat go to command prompt, if you don't know the sysntax type nbtstat/?..it will calculate how long it takes for the packet to arrive from the remote machine to other pc on your network...or it might be your lan problem..double check how you install your physical network..

Also, what software are you printing from ? It sounds like you could have it set to send each page as a separate job.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.