Hi
We have a workgroup with Xps & vista . When I set a password on vista , computers which work with Xp can't access to vista's share files and say "\\name of computer is not accessible . You might have permission to use these network resource..." But when I remove the password on vista we can access to it share! Pleas help me . I had to set password on vista . How can I access to share of vista via workgroup with xp .thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When you set a password xp doesn't popup a login box for the share on vista cause it should.

Dear freshfitz
Thanks for your reply. but It is not reason because I have another vista in the same my workgroup and set password on it & other Xps can access to it share files . Just this vista have a problem when I set password. both of them are origenal & are like each other. But I can't understand what is wrong in this OS that dont allow Xps access to it share! As I worte before after removing its password other Xps can access to it share.

On the computer with the shared drive did you set permissions on the share for that user to have access

Sharing using the home editions does not work well

Make the usernameand password for tge logged in user the same on both pcs, then it will work well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.