I have ethernet and wireless set up but would like to use dial-up at work sometimes. Do I need to install a modem in my laptop to do this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yes you will need a dialup modem for dial internet access. Lucky for you your Dell 610 should already have a modem installed.....look for a RJ-11 port on the side of your laptop. Just plug the phone line into this port and configured your modem software for phone number...etc

Yes, the Dell has a onboard dialup modem. Check the device manager to make it is installed and functioning.

Yes you will need a dialup modem for dial internet access. Lucky for you your Dell 610 should already have a modem installed.....look for a RJ-11 port on the side of your laptop. Just plug the phone line into this port and configured your modem software for phone number...etc

I have the jack you refered too (on the back not the side) and i tried it the first time and it did not connect. any more suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.