Hello

I have the same problem as
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post910372.html#post910372

I have connected all cables correctly and it "pings". Only it wont open internet via wireless or lan. Yet the modem works fine without the router

The router is a wgr614 v 6 by netgear.

I have noticed that the internet says "disabled" though in network connections, and even when I click enable it will not ENABLE. I have tried without security on, with security on.

I can connect to the wireless on the laptop but cannot access internet, as with the pc.

Both run windows xp.

The modem is a 621 Open Broadband Router. It is ADSL and i connect ready what ever that means. It has a firewall qos? and usb and eth ? I got it with my internet provider. I have ADSL AND ACCORDING to the router it is DH something Dynamic something something something..

It has never worked with this router as I just tried to use it and got the problems mentioned before. But the modem works great without the router and has for a while now.

any help plz?

Hi,

I will surly help you out.

Before I could help you, there are certain point to ponder.

1) If your Internet connection works fine only using the modem, then it means that the modem is in the PPPoE mode.

2) And if you wish to connect both your PC and Laptop using a Router then please follow the steps below.

- You need to first Bridge the Modem.
- Pull up the Modem page.
- Configure the Modem to Bridge mode.
- Connect the Router to the modem.
- Configure PPPoE connection on the Router.

And you will be able to go online.

If you want me to assist you step by step please let me know.

Bye

Yes please help. I tried to do this, and it didnt work.

The modem is in MMode. The Internet connection is either PPPoE or PPPoA and uses DCHP? According to the modem.

Hi,

I will surly help you out.

Before I could help you, there are certain point to ponder.

1) If your Internet connection works fine only using the modem, then it means that the modem is in the PPPoE mode.

2) And if you wish to connect both your PC and Laptop using a Router then please follow the steps below.

- You need to first Bridge the Modem.
- Pull up the Modem page.
- Configure the Modem to Bridge mode.
- Connect the Router to the modem.
- Configure PPPoE connection on the Router.

And you will be able to go online.

If you want me to assist you step by step please let me know.

Bye

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.