Hello!

I need some help with my webserver.

I have windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0. Everything works just fine on the local network but when I try to connect via the internet it doesnt work.

Network:

Web Server --> Micronet SP605A 10/100 Switch --> Netgear Router RP614V1 (Port Forwarding: HTTP - port 80) --> ADSL 10/1 Mbit/s (5 dynamic IP)(Bredbandsbolaget - Sweden)

Computer:

Windows 2000 server SP4
600 MHz
254 MB
10GB
10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet

Can someone help me with this problem? And do you think the hardware is enough?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is Port 80 forwarded to the correct IP adress, which means the IP adress of the Win200 server?

Is Port 80 forwarded to the correct IP adress, which means the IP adress of the Win200 server?

yes, I have cheched all that.

can you try to connect to me http://83.226.77.158

If it works, you will see a white page with the text "test" on it.

I get: No web site is configured at this address.

I can't ping you either. Are you blocking the echo request? I wouldn't use IIS either, it's a peace of garbage and full of leaks. Ever heard about the bank that was hacked here in Germany because they were running IIS?

Michael

It seems to work now.

IIS really isn't *that* bad, as long as you are a good system administrator that doesn't put up exploitable scripts, and keep it updated as soon as microsoft releases patches
*I never thought I would be defending microsoft*

However IIS 6 is a HUGE improvement from the previous versions, still perfer apache though.

BTW, I can't access the site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.