Hey
I just installed a copy of Server 2003. One thing I noticed, there's no Welcome Screen in Server (the one called logonui.exe). However, the file exists in the system32 directory. What can I do to enable the XP style login? I'm pretty bored with the Server 2003 style of login.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

downgrade to xp then. 2003 is a base system they took out all xp junk to make it stable. if you want a xp looking computer USE xp. enough of a rant the login screen ive heard has a few "issues" to it, i for 1 am glad 2003 hasnt got it.

downgrade to xp then. 2003 is a base system they took out all xp junk to make it stable. if you want a xp looking computer USE xp. enough of a rant the login screen ive heard has a few "issues" to it, i for 1 am glad 2003 hasnt got it.

wot kind oF issues?

my biggest gripe with it is that its a resource hog, but ive heard lil birdies tweeting about the usual stuff like security and stability.

Server 2003 is meant to be just that... a server. If you want a pretty OS, use a workstation operating system such as XP.

You're right. The performance of Server 2003 is MUCH better than XP, both in terms of regular use and for my intranet site hosting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.