ItTROSA 0 Newbie Poster

This morning I went to one of our satellite sites because they were unable to log in to a few applications that they were needing to use. When I got there I found out that the server was missing a few drives and folders that needed to be shared in order for the applications to be running.

All of the icons on the users desktops have disappeared and the folders and the other drives are also missing on the server. The only remaining drive is the C drive. There are supposed to be 2 other drives on the computer but they are not showing up and they hold the application files there.

When I came back to the home site and logged in remotely using the Run command, all the drives and folders are located but they just don't show up on site over at the satellite company. We run a back-up every night and to save me the trouble of having to run a restore I was wondering if anybody has an idea as to what might be happening here. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.