I have a Netgear WAG311 wireless card and connect to my router without any problems. Network printer is connected to the router and I am connected to the router wirelessly. However, I am unable to print. When I try to set up networking through Network Setup Wizard, it only recognised my wired connection (which is disconnected) and not the wireless. Is there any way I can print without having to hard wire to the router everytime. Thanks

I have a Netgear WAG311 wireless card and connect to my router without any problems. Network printer is connected to the router and I am connected to the router wirelessly. However, I am unable to print. When I try to set up networking through Network Setup Wizard, it only recognised my wired connection (which is disconnected) and not the wireless. Is there any way I can print without having to hard wire to the router everytime. Thanks

I have a HP printer. It's wireless and hard wire - able. But you have to choose which route during the installation - at which time it searches for the (wireless) printer on the network. I would try Uninstall printer then reinstall printer - selecting wireless option.

also look at how the printer is "shared" on the router and ensure access permissions are OK. Hope this helps (I'm new at troubleshooting for others but that's what I'd do first on mine...)

Lastly, try looking in the printers folder under Control Panel. Is the default one the wrong one? Any that you can delete? That's the end of my list of Things To Try- hope at least one is on the button.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.