Hi All

Please i need help with a simple network software, i will prefer if its built original cos most of the ones out there dont do exactly what i want,

i need a network software that can do the following

1. add systems through wireless tech. thereby creating a small office network

2. share printers and scanners etc

3. share the Internet from the host system

4. doesnt require server , command lines, complex installations etc

if anyone can come up with something like this or know where i can get a software that does EXACTLY this pls send mail to adetomifx at gmail . com

NB i know this can be done through some normal windows stuff etc active directory bla bla
i need a total simple idiot enabled software that does just the above

Please point me in the right directions

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hey Showbaba,

Emailing you offline kind of defeats the purpose of a forum to share info which is why I am posting here. The system will drop you a email letting you know I replied.

What operating systems are you running? Need to know the make and model if you will like XP Professional or Windows 7 Home, assuming it is a windows environment.

Does only one computer have internet connectivity right now? Does this computer have one or two network cards in it? Do you have the computers networked, meaning do you have a ethernet cable running to each computer from a switch and does each machine have a IP address?

Sharing printers is pretty easy scanners can be a problematic if they are desktop ones. If you get the answers to my previous questions I might be able to point you to some information that will help.

But to answer your question I haven't heard of any third party software that makes this easier, and I have been in the industry for 12 years. Windows 7 simplifies this a bit with HomeGroup, which is a peer to peer network.

If you don't have Win7 you can setup a little peer to peer network to meet almost all your needs.

Hey Showbaba,

Emailing you offline kind of defeats the purpose of a forum to share info which is why I am posting here. The system will drop you a email letting you know I replied.

What operating systems are you running? Need to know the make and model if you will like XP Professional or Windows 7 Home, assuming it is a windows environment.

Does only one computer have internet connectivity right now? Does this computer have one or two network cards in it? Do you have the computers networked, meaning do you have a ethernet cable running to each computer from a switch and does each machine have a IP address?

Sharing printers is pretty easy scanners can be a problematic if they are desktop ones. If you get the answers to my previous questions I might be able to point you to some information that will help.

But to answer your question I haven't heard of any third party software that makes this easier, and I have been in the industry for 12 years. Windows 7 simplifies this a bit with HomeGroup, which is a peer to peer network.

If you don't have Win7 you can setup a little peer to peer network to meet almost all your needs.

I extremely appreciate appreciate your response.

i will try my best to answer the questions raised

1. this software is not needed for a one time fix alone but time to time deployment

2. only one system will originally have Internet via a modem attached to it, i personally have been a able to share Internet tru wireless, I.E receive through modem and share through wireless, but i need a software that makes it either easier or simpler

3. i tot sharing scanners (flatbed) are just like sharing printers (maybe i am wrong)

4. the network will essentially be tru wireless connectivity and what is shared in common might not be more than creating shared folder in all the PCs or laptops on the network.

i hope this helps a little

NB its a windows environ, lets say between xp to win 7

thanks

anyone with a solution for me?

Thanks i am on to it right away

hope my source can help you

hope my source can help you

i am still studying this, i think the purenetworks might just be it for me, i am grateful.

Ok, have your time reading it. If there are any more problems please post and tell us. We might be able to solve it for you

ok , i just need some days, cos i want to practice with my systems at home and different Internet modems to be very sure,(i am 700km+ away at the moment)

But at this point i am 80% sure its what i am looking for

the last thing is if i can get anybody that can build me something like this customized for me!

If your problem is solved can you do us a favour by marking the thread as solved. Thanks

i will wen its resolved thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.