Hi, I recently bought a Wireless-N 300 Router with DSL Modem DGN2000 and I correctly hooked up all of the cables and made sure they were securely placed. When I started up the Netgear box the Power light, Port light and the wireless light came on but not the DSL or Internet light ? I've tried to make sure the cables were secure and in the proper connections and they were but still no success. If anybody knows whats wrong please tell me.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

you should confirm the DSL settings with your ISP and match it to your modem. different ISP have different connectivity options.

you should confirm the DSL settings with your ISP and match it to your modem. different ISP have different connectivity options.

I honestly have no clue what you just said sorry haha. Im not to great with this kinda stuff.

Try the UK settings or better yet call your ISP and ask them what the DSL settings should be.

Hello,

Do you still have your old DSL modem? If so you can probably put it back in the place of the new router and then connect to it and find out the protocol used to connect to your ISP. Most ISP's have the basic instructions on their support site about how to connect a third party DSL modem. But your best bet is to call tech support and get them to talk you through it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.