Hi,

I live in Mauritius and there is only one ISP here. Every month I pay $100 for a pathetic 512K connection. They also use fair usage policy. So, I was wondering if there is a way I could provide myself with internet. Without having to rely on an ISP.

Thanx.

Hi,

I live in Mauritius and there is only one ISP here. Every month I pay $100 for a pathetic 512K connection. They also use fair usage policy. So, I was wondering if there is a way I could provide myself with internet. Without having to rely on an ISP.

Thanx.

well u can get a t1/t3 connection (in europe its a e1/e3 connection) very expansive but you will be renting dedicated channels from your isp.
a T1 has 64-channel at a speed of 1.544 cost of 250$-400$ a month
a t3 will access 672 channels speed of 45 mbs which is 28 t1 connections cost of service will normally be priced between $3,000 and $12,000 monthly.

but these are more expansive then what u have now,plus special equip to buy.
then there is the satilite route.which has a fair use policy along with it and is more expensive and equip to buy.
then we get into the cell internet.dont go this route you wont like it

but renting a dedicated t1/t3 u could make your own isp setup as an independent isp provider,
but as a normal home user stick with what u have now

Hello,

Sorry couldn't reply sooner. Ok thank you for your reply. I host an FTP server and traffic is getting high on it. That is why I wanted to have better internet speed. Is there a way to get internet from outside of my country? That is, I want to subscribe to a network coming from abroad. Is that possible?

Thanx.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.