i want to network both desktop which running ubuntu 10.04 and laptop with windows seven.and i have the cable but i don't know about anything networking.can you please explain step by step please...
since you mentioned that you have ubuntu 10.04 in your desktop and windows seven in your laptop you can easily connect them one-to-one without any extra hardware , all you need is a lan (ethernet rj-45 cable).
In ubuntu 10.04 the samba sharing comes built in by default installation.
1. So just plug in the cable in your desktop and laptop.
2. Now go to the :: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
3. go to change advanced sharing options
4. turn on the sharing options
5. go to the folder you want to share and right click and share with everyone according to your need ( share with : everyone , level : read or read/write )
6. now you are all done with sharing to see your laptop in your desktop (ubuntu ).
you may need to give your username and password for login.
i am a student of diploma in electronics and telecomm
can anyone suggest me projects related to the below domains:-
electrical and electronics