Hiya,

I recently installed Windows 2003 Server edition but I am totally baffled. I have never configured a server in my life and just want to set up a small server that allows me to host websites. Could someone tell me were to start. It is a laptop on a wireless network, any help would be really appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

While wireless is ok for access the internet and 2K3 resources are small I would never think of using a laptop for a server. Hosting websites require some speed and wireless dosen't really have it yet. Those questions aside, 2K3 should run easily. The general requirements are 1.5 gigs of HHD, 128 RAM, 133Mhz CPU, pretty minimal. They also make a 2K3 Web Edition for your purpose but you should still be able to do what you want to with what you have, your ver comes with Active Directory. Let me Check and I'll get back to you with the details. In the mean time let me know if you still need them. This isn't exactly my area.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.