I am writing a J2ME application and I have to get my laptop running as a server so the app can access the servlet running on my pc. I have successfully forwarded the port 9903 so it shows the port is open when I use a port check tool like canyouseeme.org but when i try to access the Wan-IP:9903 url it says page cannot be displayed. It works perfectly when I type localhost:9903 or my PC-NAME:9903.. Please help me out. Even my windows firewall and antivirus are surely not blocking it.. Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If canyouseeme says the port is open, then something is answering it. I assume you have triple checked that the port forward is going to your machine's ip and that your machine has a static ip or dhcp reserved ip.

Since the port is answering, then I think its safe to assume that there are no firewall issues.

IS this some kind of web app? Do you get a standard 1.1 error code back i.e. 404 or 500? If so, what error.

To remove all doubt, you can also use a packet capture to determine if the requests are hitting your pc. Run a Wireshark Trace on your pc when the request is made. You should see the incoming traffic to that port.

If canyouseeme says the port is open, then something is answering it. I assume you have triple checked that the port forward is going to your machine's ip and that your machine has a static ip or dhcp reserved ip.

Since the port is answering, then I think its safe to assume that there are no firewall issues.

IS this some kind of web app? Do you get a standard 1.1 error code back i.e. 404 or 500? If so, what error.

To remove all doubt, you can also use a packet capture to determine if the requests are hitting your pc. Run a Wireshark Trace on your pc when the request is made. You should see the incoming traffic to that port.

Hey thanks for replying. Its not giving any error at ALL!! no 404 or 500 or 1.1.. I used the packet capture wireshark and it is just sending Reset ACK packets moment i type that url.. i am able to access my router management system through the wan-ip and wireshark seems to show a normal response for that and canyouseeme accessing the port.. but for this it just shows a RST ACK packet for that port every single time!! it is dam frustrating.. is there any solution.. is it possible some other app is answering or blocking that port.. i even changed the port but it does not help.. could it be a tomcat apache problem??

Even if i telnet to that port it is getting blocked!! if i telnet to localhost port it accepts and answers but telnet wan-ip port is blocking saying connect failed.. any help will be greatly appreciated.. its vital for my project that the port opens so pls help me out.. iv been stuck for days now!!

Make sure that on the router you have the latest code.

Try forwarding the port to any other PC and turn on the microsoft built in IIS for tcp/80 to check.

What model router is it?

Try forwarding the port to any other PC and turn on the microsoft built in IIS for tcp/80 to check.

What model router is it?

Well i tried upgrading the firmware and it crashed!! Had to buy a new router.. got the GLB-802C will try on that and let you know if it works..

What model router is it?

Hey i have tried everything possible. Even a new router!! just does not work.. the packets reach my pc but return with a RST,ACK packet.. thats all.. is there any special tomcat config that you have to do to accept outsider connections..

Did you try forwarding the port to another PC or another service on your existing unit?

Nothing special in tomcat that I know of.... If you can connct locally 127.0.0.1 then its not the software's config but somthing in the tcpip stack. that is blocking the traffic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.