I reinstalled Vista home on my laptop last week and when I installed the Linksys software and tried to configure it to my wireless router WRt54G none of the ports on the router light up (but other lights are lit). I unplugged all the cabling from the router and pressed the reset button on the back and tried configuring my laptop to it, but no luck. I did this three times. The Linksys software tells me there is no internet connection.

Thanks

dave

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

If you are not getting any link lights when a computer is connected directly via wire then it could be something in the router firmware. On the linksys if you press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds it will reset to original factory settings.

Hi,

you might have configured Serial Port and might have not connected Ethernet port to your system or switch or to a Router .please do check for Connections .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.