i have at home a dsl internet connection, any i've no public IP how can i access my computer from office any good ideas with some explanation.
note i've not priviliges to any router

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What you need is one of the following applications:
TeamViewer, Gotomypc, or Logmein
They are designed to connect to your PC remotely without a fixed IP. Personally I like TeamViewer because the free version has file transfer capabilities however all of them have free apps.

And Teamviewer needs passwords for both office and home pc's, making it a more secure connection.:)

i have at home a dsl internet connection, any i've no public IP how can i access my computer from office any good ideas with some explanation.
note i've not priviliges to any router

Personally, I use both Team Viewer and Logmein. They both work.

Max

@Peterdoown, please post the link to the RDC 6.0 for the original poster, thanks.:)

I have actually replied to a spammer, I think!!!!

As Davey said, may they ....... (fill in the blanks)

is it (team viewer, gotomypc...) better that dyndns or similar services

Hey Guys. Thanks for the posting however you have missed the point of my original post. I do not want to connect to another computer. I want an MS Access database sitting on a PC to have its database (backend) located on an Internet Server. If I was using MySql instead of Access, I would have no problem because MySql provides an ODBC connector which is dead easy to use. I cannot find a similar ODBC Connector for MS Access other than for local connections via ADO. Surely somebody out there must be connecting to an MS Access database via the Internet from an MS Access program sitting on a PC. Please?
Max

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.