I have a project at my networking class, since i'm a beginner i don't have much knowledge about it. I appreciate your helpful tips...
1. The existing systems will need to be replaced. You will need to get 16 new systems.
2. No wiring exists within the company, so a new connectivity solution will have to be part of the design.
3. While Internet is planned for the future, the focus of this proposal is simply to network 16 systems, a server and provide printer sharing for two existing Laserjet printers.
4. The 16 systems are located within a two story office building. The building is square with 20,000 square feet of office space (100 x 100 x 2)
5. All systems will require Windows Vista Professional and Office Professional 2007
6. A file server, with 200GB hard disk capacity and a tape backup solution is required. This system will run Windows 2008 Server.
7. A phone closet is available in the center of the 1st floor for networking equipment.
These are the assumptions and i already figured out about PCs, switches, CAT6 cables, CAT6 connectors, a rack, What my question is what other hardware do i need to complete this network ?? Thank you for your time...
a patch panel,