In a few weeks im scheduled to take the comptia network+ exam. Im wondering for those that have taken it what things should i be really focusing on that i must know? This will be my first cert so im excited and nervous at the same time.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Good luck on your first exam. Basically if you are prepared or experience do not panic or it will cause your downfall. If you are good in the network forum or area you are ready to ace your test. Remember the basics, as it will be most likely to be tested. People may tend to focuse and study the difficult part but actually the basic will main up most of the component of the exam. You need to know how to manage a network, troubleshoot a network and configuring. There are more topics tested but these are the few i am good and experience at. If you need any help in this topics just post. You can also visit the comptia website to see more about their exam or ask those who had already take the exam.

Once again, may god be with you.

ps: If you get a cert what company are you interested to enrol in
?

i am also preparing to take the exam in may, i downloaded the Network+ 2009 exam objective from comptia website and exam samples is available to, the exam is divided in main 6 domain, network technology which is mainly talking about protocols 20%, network media and topologies 20%, network devices 17%, network management 20%, network tools 12%, and network security 11%.
it has much theory but we have to work hard.
best luck for you

In a few weeks im scheduled to take the comptia network+ exam. Im wondering for those that have taken it what things should i be really focusing on that i must know? This will be my first cert so im excited and nervous at the same time.

Hello nemo6 --- I too am studying for the CompTIA Network+, but for the second time. In 2003 I passed the test and am certified for life, but after looking at the newer content, decided to go for one of the new certifications. After looking over several books and spending time on tech community websites, I decided to go with a newer edition of the book I used before, and that is "All In One CompTIA Network+ Exam Guide" 4th edition, by Mike Meyers. If you have time before the test I'd get a copy and just read through it like a novel. He makes some of the trickier topics like subnetting and routing, quite simple. Plus it's just written in a folksy style but it isn't unprofessional or anything. I highly recommend his books for this, the A+ and Security+.
Kathy

Wish all you guys well for your exam

well done with your exam

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.