Is there anyone out in the big world of network computer world that would be willing to help a struggling student with a network scenario? If so I'd be forever grateful.

:lol:

What's the network scenario you wish to configure
i'll help if i can
the gagman

Hi Gagman
If you can help me you will be my savior :) It looks long but its just the scenario. The Questions will be at the end. I would give you my email address but they say not to do that.

I also understand if you can't help, it is just nice of you to offer to look at it. There is right or wrong answer.

Make the assumption that all server based resources are centrally located (in the same room) and typically there are 150 patients in residence at any given moment with 100% turn over, 3 times a month.

Medical records department - requires the use of SAN that contains an application server cluster and a database server for the medical records with a 1 terabyte capacity and a database server for insurance case forms. Users = 30

Customer billing department - requires a database server cluster for accounts payable with access to the same insurance case forms as medical records. Requires a print server for their billing creation application. Users = 15

Human resource department - requires access to employee scheduling, employee insurance information, employee records, and payroll applications. Users = 15

Pharmacy - requires access to client records, insurance cases and their own drug inventory system. Users = 6

Facilities management - requires access to hospital inventory management system and environmental control system. Users = 6

Housekeeping - requires access to house keeping inventory, web access for vendor business to business applications and patient room scheduling. Users = 2

Food services - requires access to food services scheduling & dietary planning application and also needs to see medical records, customer billing and insurance case forms, pantry management software and external access for vendor ordering. Users = 3

Purchasing department - access to inventory through facilities management, house keeping, food services and pharmacy. Users = 6

3 wards, plus ICU, Maternity, and Surgery - requires access to an application server that will access patient information stored on the medical records database, insurance case database and another server for their staff scheduling application. 6 users per ward, 4 users in ICU, 4 users in Maternity and 4 users in Surgery

The Training LAN room that you designed in the first few weeks of class - requires access to learning management system application server and student management database that interfaces with human resources and staff scheduling. 18 workstations plus an instructor station

The hospital requires a hierarchical storage management(HSM) system that includes near-line records maintained for recovery purposes back to 14 days and off-line archival data for permanent storage.

You are to provide the following information:

How many application servers are needed for each function and state whether they are mirrored or clustered, and state how much storage will be devoted to that function.

What will be the design of the SAN?

What components and capacities will be used in the hierarchal storage management system? How will this system communicate with the rest of the system?

How will all of these systems be distributed, segmented and routed over the core switches? (What kind of switches, how many switches and what kind of cards/ ports and capabilities.)

Draw a Logical diagram of all server and switch components integrated as a system.

Design a room layout for the core infrastructure components:

Assuming all components are rack mounted, what would the room space requirements and layout be? Address rack spacing, power, cable management, access considerations, and environmental conditions. How will these components be power conditioned? How many watts do all of the components together draw? So, what size generator do you need

Hi Gagman

I think I put it in the wrong place the first time I replied. Anyway:

If you can help me you will be my savior It looks long but its just the scenario. The Questions will be at the end. I would give you my email address but they say not to do that.

I also understand if you can't help, it is just nice of you to offer to look at it. There is right or wrong answer.

Make the assumption that all server based resources are centrally located (in the same room) and typically there are 150 patients in residence at any given moment with 100% turn over, 3 times a month.

Medical records department - requires the use of SAN that contains an application server cluster and a database server for the medical records with a 1 terabyte capacity and a database server for insurance case forms. Users = 30

Customer billing department - requires a database server cluster for accounts payable with access to the same insurance case forms as medical records. Requires a print server for their billing creation application. Users = 15

Human resource department - requires access to employee scheduling, employee insurance information, employee records, and payroll applications. Users = 15

Pharmacy - requires access to client records, insurance cases and their own drug inventory system. Users = 6

Facilities management - requires access to hospital inventory management system and environmental control system. Users = 6

Housekeeping - requires access to house keeping inventory, web access for vendor business to business applications and patient room scheduling. Users = 2

Food services - requires access to food services scheduling & dietary planning application and also needs to see medical records, customer billing and insurance case forms, pantry management software and external access for vendor ordering. Users = 3

Purchasing department - access to inventory through facilities management, house keeping, food services and pharmacy. Users = 6

3 wards, plus ICU, Maternity, and Surgery - requires access to an application server that will access patient information stored on the medical records database, insurance case database and another server for their staff scheduling application. 6 users per ward, 4 users in ICU, 4 users in Maternity and 4 users in Surgery

The Training LAN room that you designed in the first few weeks of class - requires access to learning management system application server and student management database that interfaces with human resources and staff scheduling. 18 workstations plus an instructor station

The hospital requires a hierarchical storage management(HSM) system that includes near-line records maintained for recovery purposes back to 14 days and off-line archival data for permanent storage.

You are to provide the following information:

How many application servers are needed for each function and state whether they are mirrored or clustered, and state how much storage will be devoted to that function.

What will be the design of the SAN?

What components and capacities will be used in the hierarchal storage management system? How will this system communicate with the rest of the system?

How will all of these systems be distributed, segmented and routed over the core switches? (What kind of switches, how many switches and what kind of cards/ ports and capabilities.)

Draw a Logical diagram of all server and switch components integrated as a system.

Design a room layout for the core infrastructure components:

Assuming all components are rack mounted, what would the room space requirements and layout be? Address rack spacing, power, cable management, access considerations, and environmental conditions. How will these components be power conditioned? How many watts do all of the components together draw? So, what size generator do you need

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.