Hey I have this question and I have it all answer correctly (I Think!!) until the last part which i thought would of been 7* 8190 because you require 5 subnets so you need 3 host to get 5 (4+2+1) but you could've had 7 subnets but in another question by my lecturer with 5 subnets needed he has 8* (the hosts) but I cant figure out how he got 8, Can anyone help me??
h) Your new Company has applied and received a public IP address from your local ISP. The address is 22.214.171.124/16.
- What is the Class of this IP address. Class B
- What is the network address for your company 126.96.36.199
- What is the maximum number of hosts you can have on your network 2^16 -2 = 65534
- What is the broadcast address for your entire network 188.8.131.52
- What is the default subnet mask for this network **255.255.0.0 **
i) You determined that your company requires five subnets.
- What is the new customised subnet mask for this network. 255.255.224.0
- What is the maximum number of hosts that can be connected to each subnet. ** 8190**
- What is the maximum number of hosts you can have on your entire new subnetted network. 8190*???