deighvid 0 Newbie Poster

Have searched for hours for information with little luck so I will now let the experts advise. My father has moved to Mexico and has internet service via cable through a Scientific Atlanta Webstar DPC2100R cable modem. We are trying to find out how to configure the modem so I can connect via Remote Desktop or PCAnywhere with a pass-through or port forwarding. When I have him do the IPCONFIG and get the IP number for the gateway we cannot seem to access the setup for the modem. He speaks some spanish but has been unable to communicate with technical types to find out what the IP address to the modem is with no luck. The questions are:

Is this just a "mexican govt thing"?

Would a router or gateway added help?

Could he purchase a new modem of his own and would it work?

Any help would be appreciated and I will provide any further information needed.

Access to a User Guide is readily available online but it gives no information what-so-ever about configuration or setup.

Thanks much,
David

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.