When I try to add a user to become the Admin, I get this error

The user can not be added because the following error has occurred:
The trust relatioship between the workstation and the primary domain has failed

Anyone have any idea what this means?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you trying to add an existing domain user to become the administrator on your workstation? Or are you trying to create a new user in the domain? Or are you trying to create a new local user? Are you running xp pro in a domain environment? What kind of domain?

Are you trying to add an existing domain user to become the administrator on your workstation? Or are you trying to create a new user in the domain? Or are you trying to create a new local user? Are you running xp pro in a domain environment? What kind of domain?

Sorry I wansn't clear on that...
It is a user that has been added to the domain, and I am adding them as an administrator to the local machine.

Seems to me this was a headache if the domain controller was 2003 server and you didn't create the user account at the same time you joined the computer to the domain. I did it, but I don't remember how right now. Sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.