Hi for about a week i have been having this problem with my wireless internet connection. I cant connect to games and i cant connect to p2p programs too like limewire etc but surfing the net is fine. Whenever i click the repair button on that littel LAN connection icon below right side it says Cant renew Ip adress. Help anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

well you shouldn't be using those p2p crap programs they give you viruses. try restarting your router.

the p2p was just an example i dont really use them.My main problem is i cant connect to online games like Helbreath or Warcraft 3 battlenet. I do not use a router?

the p2p was just an example i dont really use them.My main problem is i cant connect to online games like Helbreath or Warcraft 3 battlenet. I do not use a router?

Try turning your firewall off and see if you can play. If you can you need to configure your firewall to allow those games access.:)

What do you connect to wirelessly if you don't have a router?

i googled this problem and the weird thing is i don not use a firewall that is why i decided to turn to this forum

are you using some one else's wireless? if you are that's dishonest. go to the control panel and clikc on windows firewall, then click on the exceptions tab and checkmark the games you want to play online. now try to play them. if this doesn't work, then stop using that person's wireless and pay for your own service.

Some providers block these ports. Do you have a download limit per month? Some providers don't allow it at all even if you have no limit. Check your fair usage policy.:sad:

How do you get online do you have a modem with a wireless access point or what? Its hard to help without this information!

My dear, if you'r connecting though somebody's wireless network, it might be having its own built in firewall feature like the one I'm having. Besides to that, the firewall feature may be configured to block access to games or P2P sharing sites.

Try to find out wither or not u'r having something like that.

This internet provider was just launched i do not know about it.By the way i use a modem and i call the internet provider he said theres nothing wrong.I think he is being dishonest wit me cause before this when i could download and play games the server would always go down so i think they disabled it so that the server would stay stable and then hide that they disabled anything.Damn all i wanna do i play some games:sad:

When ever i type ipconfig /renew in command prompt i get this Unable to contact ur DHCP server. Request timed out

If you are using a modem then the ip address you have just placed on this site is your public internet ip. This is impossible IP addresses starting with 172.*.*.* are all private.:!: You must be using a router!:!: You cannot be helped if you do not give correct information:mad: If you were using a modem you would have an installation disk from your isp that would set your computer up for you. You cannot get a wireless modem it must be a router:eek:. What is the make and model number of the hardware you are using. I can tell you then what it is.:?:

I think you have a firewalled wireless router with a built in modem but i don't think you have got a clue.

Answer all the questions that are being asked then someone can help you:mad:

Read them carefully then give an honest answer its easy!:mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.