im at my parents house and they have a wireless router and although it shows on my laptop that im connected to the wireless connection when i start my browser it says page not found

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi chmoke,

Please give us more specific information (make/model of router and laptop, version of Windows, etc.); without such info, we really don't have a heck of a lot to work with.

If you are using a Linksys access point like the WRT54G and the WAN port is connected to a cable modem and the cable provider happens to be Comcast, then unplug power to the cable modem for a few seconds and plug the power back in. Allow the cable modem time to come up and get its connection to the provider. You should be able to connect to the internet then. This is provided you did not change any of the default settings on the access point itself. It should 'just work'.

Also you could try clicking the wireless connection and reparing it. That works for me with the linksys router

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.