Hi,

I have Dell Inspiron B130 that has a built in Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG card. I am trying to connect to the one of the wireless routers in my office yet it is grabing other unsecured network signals. Any how I am able to connect to those network but when I do ipconfig it tells me "Media Disconnected" and is not grabbing the Default Gateway. I have checked the "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks" option and also "Any available network" but still won't work. I changed it to "Access point (infrastructure) networks only and Computer-to-computer networks only but still no luck.
Does anyone know what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

...when I do ipconfig it tells me "Media Disconnected"...

Are you sure the "Media Disconnected" status was referring to the wireless adapter and not the Ethernet adapter?

...and is not grabbing the Default Gateway.

Unless you can speak with the owners/administrators of those other networks, you have no idea how they are configured or how your machine should act when connected to them. If you know nothing about the other available wifi networks, ingnore them for troubleshoong purposes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.