hey all,

i urgently need a problem fixed. my comp is unable to log into windows live messenger or hotmail or many other secure sites. i've already tried re-registering all my ssl libraries and running innumerable anti-spyware scans and virus scans and i've tried every solution to a related problem that i could find on daniweb and nothing has worked! when i ran a diagnostic, the log warned that there is a https error and everything else is fine. the messenger connection troubleshooter says that its not a dns error so i am completely lost. HELP!!:'(

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Could you tell us how you re-registered your ssl libraries. And we can take it from there.

i did it how it says to on the windows live help: clicked start then run then typed in each of these:
REGSVR32 softpub.dll
REGSVR32 wintrust.dll
REGSVR32 initpki.dll
REGSVR32 Rsaenh.dll
REGSVR32 Mssip32.dll
REGSVR32 Cryptdlg.dll
REGSVR32 Dssenh.dll
REGSVR32 Gpkcsp.dll
REGSVR32 Slbcsp.dll
REGSVR32 Sccbase.dll
and each time the dialog box with "DllRegisterServer succeeded" came up so i assume it worked. let me know if you need any other info.

You've missed out a few critical DLL's that will help you with your SSL fix.

vbscript.dll
jscript.dll

Do them as well as wintrust andsoftpub again.

And try loggin into a secure site.
Let us know how you get on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.