How much of Cisco handware is in the IT infrastructure worldwide?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Any one there?

cisco hardware is for the most part expensive and used only by big coorporations. Also keep in mind that lynksis routers are cisco, so i guess you could say there is a lot of cisco hardware out there.

cisco hardware is for the most part expensive and used only by big coorporations. Also keep in mind that lynksis routers are cisco, so i guess you could say there is a lot of cisco hardware out there.

That's not exactly true. Cisco owns Linksys yes, but it is not Cisco hardware. They are 2 completely different divisions and the hardware quality as well as the OS that runs on the devices are completely different.

As far as the original question you could probably get an idea by contacting Cisco or Juniper directly. I'm sure they would have some different numbers since they are competitors, but you could probably get a general idea from them.

cisco routers are expensive

cisco routers are expensive

Depends on how you quantify expensive. The hardware is rock solid and their support and documentation is second to none. If we went with some cheap home routers for our production network we would lose productivity and therefore money.

If you are looking at getting a 6509 for home use then yes, it does look very expensive. You have to look at the context they were made for.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.