I'm logging employees' internet access for compliance with company policy. As soon as an employee visits a blocked site, he is redirected to a warning page (on the intranet). This warning page gets their IP addresses & emails them to the IT department. I also need their usernames.I have found 3 different solutions which all work from //localhost/ (when the page is run from the client's PC). However, this warning page will be on the intranet & I need to know whether it would work from the intranet or not? Or what modifications do I need to make? Here are the 3 ways:
1. ASP

<%
Response.Write Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
%>

2. VBScript

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
Dim objNet
On Error Resume Next 'If fail to create object then display error
' (press no message)
Set objNet = CreateObject("WScript.NetWork")
If Err.Number <> 0 Then 'If err
MsgBox "Do not press ""No"" If your browser warns you."
Document.Location = "info.html" 'Display document by placing name again
End if

Dim strInfo
strInfo = "User Name is " & objNet.UserName & vbCRLF & _
"Computer Name is " & objNet.ComputerName & vbCRLF & _
"Domain Name is " & objNet.UserDomain
MsgBox strInfo

document.write(strInfo)

Set objNet = Nothing 'Destroy the Object
</SCRIPT>

3. Reading a File from employee's PC

Is there a way to read a file from employees' PC from the intranet - without them knowing?

Thank a lot in advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cguan_77

Is there a way to read a file from employees' PC from the intranet - without them knowing?

Thank a lot in advance.

if you have administrator access there is.

hi, dimaYasny is right..you should have an adminsitrator account to do this..but i think it's against the odds..reading files of other users without their permissions..once they know about this, they will screwed you up...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.