hello, i am trying to install my new wireless router and i have to connect my ethernet cable but for some reason it says 'limited conectivity or no connection' so when i try to proceed to the next step of the installation is says ethernt cable is not connected when it obviously is.

can someone tell me how to solve this??

i am using a ADSL connection through the phone socket for internet. i am using the interent at the moment to write this using my Tiscali modem that connects in my USB.

Please Help!!! thank you

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

why not call the router's techsupport?

>why not call the router's techsupport?

because it's painful. Make sure you have your modem connected to the WAN port on the router. Then check your network cable that goes to your computer. Routers usually come with an installation cd, so use that.

painful? I have never had trouble with networking techsupport

You could try the Repair Connection facility offered for the ethernet port. Or go to the CMD panell (RUN --> CMD) and execute:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

You will previously need to ensure that your TCP/IP settings for the ethernet port on your PC are set to Automatically Obtain Address and that your reouter is ints factory default state.

>painful? I have never had trouble with networking techsupport

I'm surprised because it's always a negative experience for me.

hello, i am trying to install my new wireless router and i have to connect my ethernet cable but for some reason it says 'limited conectivity or no connection' so when i try to proceed to the next step of the installation is says ethernt cable is not connected when it obviously is.

can someone tell me how to solve this??

i am using a ADSL connection through the phone socket for internet. i am using the interent at the moment to write this using my Tiscali modem that connects in my USB.

Please Help!!! thank you

Well, first check the network cable color code if it rong it shows limited conectivity or no connection because router needs only and only 100 speed color code second thing do not give the ip address let it obtain it self i think your problem is related to color code of first check it

Well, first check the network cable color code if it rong it shows limited conectivity or no connection because router needs only and only 100 speed color code second thing do not give the ip address let it obtain it self i think your problem is related to color code of first check it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.