My buddy was over earlier today showing me how to setup QoS on my Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router and somehow disabled the wireless interface to the router. Unfortunately I found this out after my roommate started his afternoon long campaign on the Xbox, and the settings we changed earlier gave the Xbox priority on the network and has been eating majority of the bandwidth. The router is on the opposite end of the house from my comp, so my question is, is there any way to reset the router back to default config (already used the reset and tried leaving it unplugged for an hour) without having to go out and get 200' of ethernet cable? Thanks..... MK2

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If the reset didn't work, then you will have to physically connect the router to your computer. The reset might not work because the default on the router might have wireless set to off. Unplugging a router won't reset it. No laptops available to you? I would just move your computer to the other side of the house temporarily. 200 feet of cable can be expensive.

Factory reset!

Just be careful - any awesome, super cool, custom changes you made will be lost.

There's a Reset button on the back of the router, next to the internet port. Press it for about five seconds and you'll have factory defaults back.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.