Hi. I have installed a new Motherbaord- a Gigabyte GA-7dxr and an AGP video card- a Chaintech nvdia Ge Force 4 T14200 128mb. It all works fine running on the new card until I remove the old PCI card. When I try to boot up without the PCI card installed the monitor remains black and the computer beeps. (The monitor IS plugged in to the new AGP card). I could obviously leave the PCI card there even though it isn't being used but I think there must be some logical reason why this is happening and I also had another use for the PCI card. I have tried setting the BIOS to AGP but still no luck. Any ideas please??

Is there some setting on the card that tells it whether it is the primary video card or a secondary card? If it is set to secondary (which could happen if it is installed at the same time as the other card), it may get "stuck" there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.