Computer starts, ONE POST beep, monitor doesn't start, keyboard lights flash twice (Once at POST and other time at windows load*). Can anyone help me fix this problem? * = Is a guess, unsure if that is the reason, even though after second flash, I can (de)activate all locks. (Num/Scroll/Caps)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Either the video card or monitor are fubar, or your cable is defective. If the monitor can give you access to the on-screen menus and such, then the monitor itself is ok, though there is a small possibility that its input interface is bad. However, it is much more likely in such a case that the video adaptor or cable are bad. Does your computer have built-in graphics, or does it have a discrete video card plugged into the I/O bus?

It is not built in.

If you know what type of motherboard you have, you can easily look up the beep codes. Otherwise, you'll need to start removing components until you find the one that is preventing you from getting through POST.

Please read topics more carefully. In any motherboard one beep means it works properly.

It was the VGA.
Another question: Should I get a 220V PSU or 230V?

MY LATOP STARTS/ON WHEN I SWICTCH ON POWER...WINDOW LOADED AND IT GOES BLANK

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.