Start New Discussion within our Hardware and Software Community

Im thinking of getting a new graphics card temporally untill i build a new system next year. Since my 42 inch tv just died, which i primarly used for xbox, would the 9600xt all-in-wonder let me play xbox on my lcd? and more importantly would it look good and not pixalated...i have seen the tv on a regular 9600 all-in-wonder and it looked pretty good. Has anyone hooked up a xbox to it and does it look good?

well, the 9600 AIW is by no means the latest and greatest - the good thing about that is ofcourse you'll be paying accordinly which makes it more affordable.

I bought my 9600 AIW when they first came out and of course they are a lot more affordable now; but it still holds its own in gaming and regular computing functions. You can find one at Newegg for instance for under $150 - check it out at Shopping.com.

If you pop another ATI TV card like the ATI TV Wonder PRO; then you would be able to do PIP or even tape two channels at the same time. Not too shabby for an ol' computer if you ask me.

--Tone

ok i think im gonna order one in a week or so. im gonna get the 9600 xt tho because it has fm radio too which none of the others do. Thanks

i would use it enough...i like the fact that its a newer verson of the card, and it has more potential for overclocking

"Meanwhile, the ATI takes things much further with the All-in-Wonder 9600 ($199), and strips down the card: no FM tuner, slower GPU, TSOP memory packages, a passive cooling system, plus swapping a Remote Wonder II for a Remote Wonder. The software package of the All-in-Wonder 9600 remains basically the same as the All-in-Wonder 9600 XT (Pinnacle Studio 8, muvee AutoProducer, and Matchware Mediator 7), minus the Mediator 7."
-- http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2054

ill take the 45$ hit for that seeing that xt sells for 190 and the regular is for 145...besides if im not mistaken they are two different cores also, but i could be wrong

Maybe something like this?

i read about that when it first came out and almost bought one then, but i forgot all about that till you mentioned it...i think i will go that route! thanks CM!

Yeah it looks like the best bet.

BTW, when you plug in an XBOX or DVD to an AIW card is it good quality? I bought an AverMedia TVBox5 to watch cable tv on my CRT and if I plug my XBOX on it the quality is not very good, somewhat blurred.

works great for me - xbox works great for me, a buddy of mine is PS2 guy and it works great for him - his is a 9800 AIW I believe where I'm currently using my 9600 AIW.

--Tone

The thing I dont like about that though is that your computer must be turned on when using AIW card...

well yeah - it is a video card after all... i think (!) viewsonic had an addon box for $100 or so a while back.. but I dont know if its still out there or not.

--Tone

Well I dont really want to buy it. I already have my TVBox since last year and dont plan to buy another... If I would have known maybe I would have informed myself a bit more b4 buying.

thanks for all the replies guys, i think im gonna go with the AIW now since i need a new graphics card anyways and you said it worked good on a ps2. Thanks!

i have an AIW 9600 but i have no idea how to use my xbox...i have the ATI connector thing and i use that to connect to the xbox but where do i go from there? any help would be great :cheesy:

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.