is intel m type processor is better or normal intel processor in terms of performance,lightweight,response?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'd prefer having direct models of the processors. I don't think all M processors are better. Since AMD Octacore gets outperformed by Intel's Quadcore and it's still not always true.

Which processors do you mean exactly? After refering to Wikipedia:

Intel Core M is a family of ultra low-voltage microprocessors belonging to the Intel Core series and designed specifically for ultra-thin notebooks, 2-in-1 detachables, and other mobile devices. The thermal design power (TDP) of all Core M microprocessors is 4.5 watts or lower.

I'm assuming that if they consume less energy and are extra safe about electricity, they should perform less than regular Intel processors. When asking about performance, lightweight and response, it's still matter of which processor do you mean exactly. The best M processor of Intel I could've found is 1.2GHz dual core, while I'm having mobile i3 which is quad-logical-core 1.8GHz.

Therefore I expect Intel M-series to be more of a economic choice rather than hardcore performance choice.

Aeonix's post was spot on, in my opinion. The core-M Intel processor family is designed for low-power mobile (hence the M designation) applications and devices. It is slower, smaller, and very good on minimizing power consumption. It is NOT intended for laptop and desktop/server situations, and should not be considered for such, unless your laptop needs to run for many hours without a battery recharge.

By the way, I'm getting strange impression, someone tries to force you to buy expensive laptop with low performance by making nice pep-talk about how great M-series are. Judging by your: "is intel m type processor is better or normal intel processor". Take pictures of specifications listed and send to me through private message, I might help you out and provide you actual and real performance indiciation, provide you the feedback about which components are good for what or less good for something else. I'm not expert, but if I don't know it, Google does.

Like Rubberman already pointed out:

It is NOT intended for laptop and desktop/server situations, and should not be considered for such, unless your laptop needs to run for many hours without a battery recharge.

So unless you're going for charge-free business-class laptop, you're surely not planning to buy one of these series. This processor-line is not meant for gaming, VM, heavy processing just for portability without charger.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.