I'm building a destkop and working somewhat on a budget. I have came down to 2 CPUS that I can choose from. I need to know which one of these CPU's would perform better and faster. The AMD APU A8 - 7600 or the Intel i3 - 4160? The AMD has more cores but on certain websites I see that they say that the Intel out performs the AMD. This to me is very strange as the AMD has more cores.

Also, if I buy an AMD FX processor, do I need to buy a GPU for displaying my screen, because I dont see that the FX has graphics. Correct me on this if I'm wrong.

NOTE: I'm mainly going to use this computer for computing numbers, working out mathmatical stuff and do a lot of intesive encrypting and decrypting of my network data etc... Not really graphics at all.

Edited by MasterHacker110

Contributors
Replies
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ayuwah

get the a8 .. its not noticably slower than the i3 in general computing but is noticably better in anything graphical .. n plz pair it with 1866 Mhz ram as integrated gfx of amd will use system ram ..

intel is better for performance, but AMD is better for graphical performance. I prefer INTEL but I love AMD :D

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.