hi i'm carl from the philippines. Would someone help me on a thesis topic for undergraduate in computer science. It seems that my prof is quite strict and wouldn't allow any topics to be approved without significance and without a CS problem (reason for choosing the topic). Sorry for troubling you, I'm the kind of person that codes and not the type who thinks of ideas kind of like a pushover who just waits to be told what to do. please help me. And if i posted this topic on the wrong forum, i'm very sorry... Im just new here... thanks

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

This questions is asked 'bout once a week.
Here are some related topics found with the 'search' function.
And with a few other keywords: click

i've seen the forums but unfortunately some of the topics has no replies and the other topics are kind of hard for an under grad like me. But i'll keep on searching. And if someone would be nice enough to lend a hand, I very much appreciate it

Is it a six months thesis , first choose a broader category like theoritical computer science , Image processing, parallel processing, high availability , then search in IEEE to find out current development on those fields , pick a problem from there and solve it and submit it as your dissertation thesis.

thanks for the suggestion mr. ithelp I'll search on it right away. Well if anybody out there still has some suggestions... please reply on this page... Oh yeah i forgot to mention, I'm kind of Interested in AI or Voice/Speech recognition even though I have zero knowledge in those areas but I'll do my best

I'm kind of Interested in AI or Voice/Speech recognition even though I have zero knowledge in those areas but I'll do my best

Speech recognition is quite hard if your not into it. It takes a lot of math to understand it. Does the term 'Fast Fourier transformation' ring a bell?
Image recognition has a few good libs for it to make it somewhat easier.
AI is very interesting. A good book would be: Programming Game Ai By Example

still waiting for that random project title generator...
Write it and you'll never have to ask others to do your thinking for you (at least as far as thinking up project titles is concerned).

thanks for the tips niek-e, but i think games are not acceptable and for the speech/voice recognition haha it's hard, though there were thesis's regarding about those, maybe i'll just study them more. For jwenting, i searched in google and found a site for generating random topic but the for me, it produces gibberish haha, can't understand!! sorry i'm not very good at terminologies, coding is only (somewhat) my good point

hi carl, we also into that dilemma on which and what topic to choice. neways, since u like about AI, try Back Propagation using neural networks or alike topics.

you can also search for the parsing topics .....

;0

There is some very interesting research going on it artificial intelligence (specifically, case based reasoning (CBR)) pertaining to diabetes management. I wrote my MSCS thesis and a whole pile of similarity determination/case retrieval code for that project.

CBR isn't too difficult and it can be applied to anything that humans apply this process to: 1) when you encounter a problem, do something 2) remember what the results of part (1) were and 3) use that memory of the results the next time a similar problem is encountered and react accordingly.

Read up on CBR and choose some topic you'd like to apply it to and run with it.

can somebody help me with my thesis. I need a topic. If someone can do it for me or with me, I will appreciate and reward is given. Thanks. email me at <<removed>> strictly confidential please

commented: Burbyeeeee - practice the wrist action for flipping those burgers -3

can somebody help me with my thesis. I need a topic. If someone can do it for me or with me, I will appreciate and reward is given. Thanks. email me at <<removed>> strictly confidential please

What kind of reward are you giving ? :D

commented: probably a free burger from burgerworld ;p +17
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.